Dysport and Botox are registered trademarks, of the company Galderma Inc. and Allergan Inc. Dysport and Botox are products made from botulinum toxin.
Dysport / Botox (botulinum toxin type A) injections decrease muscle contraction which results in a reduction of wrinkles of the skin.
Dysport / Botox (botulinum toxin type A) is a purified and sterile product indicated for specific therapeutic uses.
Once the botulinum toxin is diluted, it is injected at various areas of the face. The procedure is fairly quick and not painful. When leaving the clinic, the patient is not tired or physically marked, and can easily go back to their normal activities.
Dysport or Botox has been used to treat certain signs of ageing, mainly wrinkles of the forehead, and the glabella (area between the eyebrows).
Botox injections can be performed as a single procedure or in combination with other procedures such as injections of hyaluronic acid fillers.
A doctor specialized plastic surgery is trained in the practice of Dysport or Botox injections.
Botulinum toxin has been used for over 15 years in millions of patients (4 million injections / year in the USA). It is a product that has proven itself. However, like any medical treatment, there may be side effects.
The most common side effects are:
- Bruising, local swelling and / or headache.
- In 1-2% experienced eyelid and / or eyebrow drooping (ptosis), but this effect is usually restored within a week.
- In some patients, the effects may be more prominent on one side in comparison to the other causing an asymmetrical in the person’s appearance.
- Strabismus, a weakening of the muscles of the eye, is a temporary side effect that has been observed.
- Some patients develop resistance to the treatment.
- Rashes rarely occur.
Dysport / Botox is also used to treat migraines, excessive sweating of the hands, feet and armpits (hyperhidrosis), blepharospasm, hemifacial the, spasmodic torticollis, dysphonia and musculoskeletal pain disorders.
One option would be not undergo a medical procedure to treat skin wrinkles by Dysport or Botox injections.